How supplement can help with constipation? Supplement help people with deficiency to overcome it as well as various supplements act as laxatives.
Supplements for constipation
People with deficiency of vitamins & minerals can relieve by taking specific supplements. Additionally, various supplements act as laxative that facilitate bowel movement.
1. Magnesium deficiency is common among industrialized nation. It is vital for the health of cardiovascular, muscular, and nervous system. It is one of the effective constipation supplement.
2. Vitamin C has a laxative effect that can relieve constipation.
3. Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid): Early research suggests that taking dexpanthenol, a chemical similar to pantothenic acid, by mouth daily or receiving dexpanthenol shots can help treat constipation.
4. Vitamin B9 (folic acid) can help treat/prevent severe constipation. Folic acid added to some fiber supplements and laxative medicines because it stimulates gastrointestinal tract movement. Additionally, folic acid acts as a stool-softener.
5. Bifidobacteria: Research shows that taking a specific Bifidobacterium can reduce constipation in children 3-16 years of age. Another research shows taking a mixture of Bifidobacterium longum with milk or yogurt daily for 2 weeks increases the number of bowel movements in constipated adults.
6. Inulin supplement is obtain by soaking chicory roots in hot water. Inulin is indigestible or absorbable. It goes to the bowels where beneficial bacteria are able to use it to grow. Inulin is useful for high cholesterol & triglycerides, weight loss, and constipation.
7. Chlorophyllin can control body, fecal and urine odors and for treating constipation and gas (flatulence). Do not confuse chlorophyllin with chlorophyll; Chlorophyllin is a chemical made from chlorophyll.
8. Sodium phosphate is an FDA-permitted over-the-counter (OTC) ingredient for the treatment of constipation. Take these products by mouth or used as enemas.