Esophagitis is a condition of inflammation of the esophagus; this condition can manage with some lifestyle changes. It includes smart esophagitis diet/food and other lifestyle changing tips.
Esophagitis home remedies start with food/diet modification to reduce acid reflex, some foods that help esophagitis are:
- Restrict fatty foods
- Restrict spicy foods such as pepper, chili powder, and curry.
- Restrict acidic foods, such as carbonated beverages (soda)
- Avoid beverages containing tomatoes, oranges, grapefruits
- Eat smaller meals
- Eat foods that are easily digestible
- Avoid caffeine containing foods such as coffee, tea, and chocolate
- Avoid hard foods that are painful to the esophagus when swallowing, such as crackers, nuts, and raw vegetables.
- Stop chewing Tobacco
Esophagitis can manage with some lifestyle changes that reduce its symptoms; they are:
- Breakdown your meals into five to six smaller meals a day instead of three larger ones
- Say no to smoking, tobacco, and alcohol.
- Be in upright position while eating and for about 40 minutes afterwards.
- Chew food thoroughly before swallowing.
- Go to bed only after two hours from eating.
- Losing some, weight too can help.
- Wear loose convenient clothing, particularly over your stomach area.
- Put your head in elevated position during sleep to help keep the stomach's acid foods back to the esophagus during sleep.
Hope these diet modifications and lifestyle changes help heal esophagitis, if there is no improvement, and then you may need esophagitis medication treatment.