The actual cause of high stomach acid is still not clear; however, it is believed to be due to unhealthy diet, schedule, and stress.
What are the causes of high stomach acid?
Some of the common causes of high stomach acid are:
- Unhealthy diets – is by taking consistently foods, which are rich in proteins, spicy, oily, fried foods, and junk foods.
- Caffeinated beverages - such as coffee, tea and sodas may trigger increased acid production in the stomach.
- Irregular schedule – uneven timing of the food can affect your normal digestion cycle.
- The way you eat – that is improper mastication by hurried eating leads to lack of mechanical digestion and may invite stomach acid raise.
- Medication use such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs such as ibuprofen), antibiotics, and estrogens for a prolong time may lead to hyperacidity.
- Alcohol not only damages your liver; it may also cause high stomach acid.
- Smoking is harmful to you as well as those around you; it may also cause too much of stomach acid.
- Emotional distresses such as stress, anger, fear can trigger excess or low stomach acid production.
- Obesity is considering as a risk factor for high stomach acid.