Low stomach acid can treat with simple home remedies to relieve symptoms, acid supplements and with medication to heal the underlying cause.
Home remedies for low stomach acid
- Try eating small frequent meals instead of normal three big meals a day. Smaller meals put a lesser workload on your stomach and need fewer acid secretions for digestion.
- Limit or avoid sugar, high-fat foods and refined carbohydrates help reduce stress on your digestion system.
- Limit fiber rich foodstuffs they need large quantities of acid to breakdown in your stomach. It put more stress on your digestion system, especially in people with low stomach acid.
- Chew thoroughly helps and supports your digestion system. Additionally, it reduces the stress on your digestion organs and frees it up a lot.
- Apple cider vinegar taken after food helps to alleviate discomfort symptoms of low stomach acid.
Supplements for the treatment of low stomach acid
- Multivitamin supplements - low stomach acid makes you fatigue due to mal-absorption. Additionally, vitamin’s B complex helps to repair the stomach glands and increase’s stomach acid secretion.
- Digestive enzyme’s supplements can contain lipase (fat), protease (protein) and amylase (carbohydrate) to digest respective items in your food.
- Taking probiotics, supplements such as Lactobacillus acidophilus can support your digestion system and helps heal them.
- Ascorbic acid supplements - High dose of ascorbic acid should take during mealtimes, preferably in combination with minerals in chloride form. This is broken down to form ascorbates and hydrochloric acid. This acidifies your stomach slightly and aids digestion and absorption.
- Betaine HCL supplements – Betain-hydrochloride supplementation taken during mealtime help increases stomach acid, alleviate discomfort symptoms, and support proper digestion. The betaine HCL has a chloride, which break down into hydrochloric acid in your stomach. This acidic environment facilitates an easy breakdown of food. Mostly, betaine HCL supplements are available along with pepsin; an enzyme helps the digestion of protein. Long-term use with proper non-allergic diet helps to get rid of Helicobacter pylori (harmful bacteria), corrects gut flora that helps heal the chronic gastritis, and support the stomach to produce acid normally.